You know you’re a Christian Teacher Forum candidate if you use your summer vacation to…
1. Review textbooks for the upcoming year.
2. Take your kid on vacation…I mean, a FIELD TRIP!
3. Use the first week just to catch up on sleep–you feel as though you haven’t slept in weeks!
4. Take a continuing education course online or at a local college.
5. Study for the GRE’s.
6. Write an Advanced Placement or IB syllabus.
7. Go on a missions trip.
8. Go back to the States for some much-needed family connection after living overseas.
9. Take over a Sunday School class since now your schedule is “free.”
10. Teach summer courses–Driver’s Ed, anyone?
11. Work at a summer camp for kids with disabilities or disadvantaged youth.
12. Catch up on your reading; You haven’t been able to read for pleasure on a daily basis the entire year!
13. Finish that novel you started last summer…and the summer before…and the summer before…
14. Exercise–it has been sadly neglected lately.
15. Rearrange your portfolio.
Did I miss anything? I’m sure that my readers at Christian Teacher Forum have plenty of things to add. Go ahead and tell me about your summer plans!